My name’s Edward Gale, former columnist for the much
overrated New York Times New Paper. I have developed a fancy for analyzing and
writing about social classes and the structure of our societies; it’s just a
shame that the head honchos up at the New York Times believe that these topics are
too controversial for the average reader to handle. I have chosen to become a
free-lance writer and I have created this new medium to share my voice and my
opinions with the world known as a blog. I have turned my attention away from
the ever bustling Big Apple and have been captivated by the West Egg and East
Egg communities as well as by the desolate valley of ashes. I will be sharing
stories as well as my opinions through the use of blog entries so please feel
free to read them and hopefully you will find some enlightenment out of them.

The Death Car: Myrtle's Death


Good God! I’m not going to pretend that you all haven’t heard about the devastating event that occurred last night, because unless you have been stuck under a rock for the last few days you would have noticed it in all the major newspapers. If you have been stuck under a rock, it’s with sadness and disbelief that I announce to you the tragic death of Myrtle Wilson.

It was very late last night in the valley of ashes where a car struck and killed Myrtle just in front of her husband’s garage. Apparently Myrtle and her husband, George Wilson, were in the middle of a heated argument when the accident happened. The ‘death car’ was coming from New York, and going thirty or forty miles an hour when Myrtle ran out into the road and was hit. The yellow car showed no sign of slowing down and drove away after the incident.

As you all know, Myrtle will surely be missed by her husband Wilson who loved her very much. A source who witnessed the aftermath of the accident told me that he saw Tom Buchanan at the scene. He described Tom as being disarrayed and shocked. Tom’s reaction proves that he truly did have some feelings for Myrtle. I feel bad for Tom knowing that he has just lost his sweetie along with the fact that his wife, Daisy, has fallen in love for Gatsby. If anyone has any information regarding the vehicle or the driver of the vehicle that hit Myrtle Wilson please contact the police as soon as possible. I give my condolences to Wilson, Tom, and anyone else who cared for Myrtle; everyone please stay safe on the roads, there are some crazy people out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment